Thursday 24 July 2014

How Church Ministries Destroy Families 3: Asians


A few years ago I organised an outreach to Asian people. It was fun and interesting. Maybe it was effective, I'm not sure. I learned a few things though. Every month we ran a meeting for Asian Christians and those who may be interested. We enjoyed a curry and a chat, then held a multi lingual meeting, singing and preaching in English and any combination of Urdu, Thai or Farsi depending on who was there.
I have long held the view that Western culture is deeply corrupted and has serious, structural things wrong with it so I am always interested when non-westerners do things differently. One thing that intrigued me about the Asians is this. Whole families came along. A father would bring his wife and children. No leaving the kids at home with a babysitter.
Lesson 3 is simple.
Perhaps families should do things together...?

No comments:

Post a Comment